No:048/23, Press release on essay competition among volunteers dedicated to the 31st anniversary of Khojaly Genocide
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan announces the Essay Competition among volunteers dedicated to the 31st Anniversary of the Khojaly Genocide themed (proposed topics below):
- Genocide in Khojaly as an integral part of Armenia’s policy of ethnic hatred and intolerance;
- Bringing perpetrators to justice: State and individual criminal responsibility under international law;
- Retribution for the crimes in Khojaly: prevention of similar wrongdoings in future and a step forward in post-conflict normalization in the South Caucasus region;
- Never again: Raising awareness about the Khojaly Genocide in the new information age.
- The competition is open to all volunteers from the volunteer organizations operating in Azerbaijan;
- Essays should be written in English;
- Only one entry per applicant on one of the proposed topics can be submitted;
- All entries should be directed to email@example.com email address along with the CV and information containing contact details, such as the phone number, email and correspondence address of the applicant;
- Entries should be submitted as Microsoft Word email attachments and use Arial Font, size 12, double-spaced, and contain a maximum of 1000 words;
- The subject line of the email should be “Essay Competition”;
- The deadline for submission is February 15, 2023;
- All entries will be checked for plagiarism;
- The winners will be announced on the week of February 20, 2023.
Winners of the first three places in the competition will be awarded as following:
1st place: diploma and laptop;
2nd place: diploma and tablet;
3rd place: diploma and kindle.
For further inquiries, please kindly contact via firstname.lastname@example.org email address.